The academic programme at Inanda Seminary:
The academic programme covers all the learning areas as prescribed in the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) and National Senior Certificate (NCS). All subjects offered are based on a foundation of life skills, exposure to the world of work, and family and community outreach.
The curriculum and assessment policy statement is inspired by the values and aims of the South African constitution, that is to;
- heal the divisions of the past and establish a society based on democratic values, social justice and fundamental human rights;
- improve the quality of life of all citizens and free the potential of each person;
- lay the foundations for a democratic and open society in which government is
- based on the will of the people and every citizen is equally protected by law; and build a united and democratic South Africa able to take its rightful place as a sovereign state in the family of nations.
Grade 10 and 11
Students chose a subject package based on interests, needs and aptitude.
English and isiZulu (choose one at Home language level and the other at First Additional Language level), Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, Life Orientation comprise the compulsory component. Another 3 subjects may be chosen from the following groups- Accounting/Geography/History; Life Sciences/ Economics; Physical Sciences/Business Studies/History.
A subject choice booklet is available for download below.
Grade 8, 9
Subjects follow the National Curriculum Statement with 2 languages – English and isiZulu.
Other subjects include:
- Mathematics & Aritmetic
- Natural sciences
- Social sciences
- Economic management sciences
- Technology & computer lab
- Life orientation & Physical education
- Library & book club
- French (Pilot project currently only in grade 8)