A new multi-purpose centre is proposed for Inanda Seminary. Donors are being sought for this initiative. A full proposal document and drawings can be found here:
The building of a multi-purpose centre at Inanda Seminary will address the following development objectives:
- Sport provides for the holistic development of the learner
- Sport has the ability to overcome social barriers and empower learners by helping to reduce social exclusion and promote lifelong learning.
- By participating in sport activities with other community members, a shared space and experience is created that helps break down negative perceptions and enables the learners to focus on what they have in common.
- Participation in sport can build self-respect, self-esteem, confidence and enhance the leadership capabilities of learners.
- Expansion of the KICP community programme
- Community of Practice collaboration with local Principals
- Provide a sporting facility that can be used every day no matter what the weather
- Opportunity for more inter-school festivals and tournaments to be hosted by Inanda Seminary
- Access for the local community to exceptional sporting facilities
- Access to improved training facilities for multi-sports codes
- The creation of a sporting hub
- Recreational space for the Inanda Seminary members during the weekends
- Access to additional educational space for the KICP educational programme
- Enabling there to be a community venue for larger meetings.